Thursday 10 September 2009

Supermodelme.tv

An ex-colleague asked if we wanted to attend the finals of Supermodelme.tv, a local reality programme where models of all sorts came to be top dog/bitch of them all. Not a bad thing really to do on a Saturday night. I remember a promise of free booze.

Here was the interesting thing. I had trouble asking people to come with me. It took many SMS to gather a remotely interested group. Remotely I confess at this juncture to pre-empt actions later.

Organized by Refinery Studio and a bunch of other sponsors, it promised to be a little chi-chi but there was too much of a generic crowd. We got in too early - damn these fashion events. So we exchanged out coupon-denominated drinks (Tiger beer or Russian vodka) (Yes, there is a brand of vodka called Russian vodka as odd as that may be) and started checking people out.

When things got going, it happened pretty quickly. Lots of music, walking up and down and posing. The two emcees, one a very skinny supermodel Charmaine Han, and fat Malay guy in a skirt, weren't very good. Half the time we couldn't hear them.

Before the results were announced, my party decided to leave. See "remotely interested" reference earlier. I found some colleagues, accidentally for that matter, and hung out with them till the end. I saw Taufik and Benedict Goh, if those count as celebrity spots. We wound up at Wine Bar before I had to leave for Siglap to meet the welcoming committee for a San Franciscan returnee.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice photos nevertheless. :P