Friday 13 January 2012

Our Biggest Problems

Before I forget let me jot his down. Singapore's biggest problems are:
1. Over reliance on the gahmen to "do the right thing".
2. Reluctance by the individual to step up and take control.
3. Prioritization of built-to-exactness, we-need-only-this-now integrated efficiency over operational slack/redundant capacity to cater for acceptable anomalies.
4. A lack of creativity to imagine, no, explore solutions slightly out-of-the-box that allow for lower efficiency but higher personal value.
5. A failure to admit failure.

I'll explain these soon.


1 comment:

katiemom said...

There is something WRONG with our education system. Education is at the root of everything. Even Kate now.. when she draws, she's afraid of being WRONG. It bothers me a great deal. Because this leads to a lack of creativity and ultimately, she will just want to conform. I keep asking myself why is she behaving this way. We are not like that. You should know me, I'm a winger. So, I highly suspect it's her education in school.