Saturday 23 September 2006

An Aluminating Birthday

I am a year older. Wiser in some respects and still getting conned left, right and center. Case in point - my office sabo. I come to the office on 22 Sep, having had a prata breakfast courtesy of Gerald (how thoughtful, giving me a treat on my birthday. Or so it seemed), to find my table, stationery, laptop and other office pheriperals encased in a layer of aluminium foil.

Great effort had gone into painstainkingly wrapping my work essentials in foil. I am aghast for a few reasons. 1. The complexity of the sabo - I am indeed wowed. 2. That I am but a pawn in a grander scheme, a plot of magnitude. Unwittingly, I was toyed with, for my birthday no less. I feel used. 3. They wrapped up my cough mixture. Cough, cough.


My colleagues carried out the coup in Thailand. I am sure of it now. Orchestrated in their devious, Jatujak-lust-ridden minds, discussed over MSN.

For the entire day, I was not allowed to unwrap anything. Hooray, I could not find my To-Do list. I was allowed to turn on my computer, lucky me.













We did a Japanese lunch at a quaint little place at Purvis St. The food was good and they paid. Nice and nicer.

No comments: