Friday 24 August 2007

Nope, They Aren't Mine, Them Escalators

It turns out that the escalators at an MRT station may not be the under the privy of the SMRT. Who would ever guess that?

I, the suggestor that I am, sent an email to SMRT about the lack of a permanent down-riding escalator at the Peck Seah St exit at Tanjong Pagar MRT. Those who work in the area will share my pain. Especially after a long day or have too many things to lug down many, many steps. So I did my civic Singaporean duty and sent an email highlighting the impending rise in people traffic on that side of the station over the next year or two (one hotel and the Pinnacles).

Lo and behold, I get a reply from SMRT Corp Comms indicating that it wasn't their problem. It was LTA's. The nice person forwarded my email to LTA feedback, and I await the gahmen's reply.

Someone in my office suggested I go watch a Jack Neo film - Just Follow Lor - and I will be enlightened accordingly.

No comments: