Wednesday 3 September 2008

Cat-a-tonic

Cats like you for a reason. If you happen to be the one who feeds them, scratches them, gives them a warm place to sleep, they give you some attention. Not 100% but whatever they think you deserve. A cat might tempt you into treating her right by sliding up to your leg as you sit in a stranger's home for dinner. Back arched, fur at its snuggliest, face at its cutest, the cat wants you to treat her right in the guise of hospitality. Once nudged, massaged and fed, she scuttles off to the next best entertainment, no longer you.

This cat is Saffi. I have mentioned her in some blog post some time ago, perhaps more than once (more attention that she deserves? debatable). She is a long-haired Siamese something. She scratched me once before. Claws and teeth bother me. Dogs just have teeth.

I had recently visited this pretty kitty at her new home. This time I had the opportunity to scratch her almost all over as she lay sprawled on her owner's bed. "She likes it under the chin" came the suggested and the cat promptly submitted to the rapture of a foreign scratching hand.

I left and came back with the camera, she was all non-chalant. "What, another picture? Aren't there enough of me already? No. Just no." was the animal vibe being sent out in all directions. Hence the not-so-great photo, slightly miffed expression on the feline.

Sigh. We, the humans, proceeded to play normal mahjong, 3-person mahjong, then back to normal 4-person rounds. The cat appeared early on and allowed me to capture this next shot. After that, she snuggled with my pullover and jumped on top of the TV. That was it. It hid later and I didn't get to scratch it goodbye. I think Saffi doesn't like me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

she's a ragdoll and always been tao. takes a while to warm up to you one lah. like most women, she needs to walk over you a bit first. - dave

verywanderful said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
whimmykimmy said...

Dave is right - he has learned and has certainly won her over (she stretches and spreads for him u know). All that after he long 'sacrificed' his bag to this pussy.

You have to give her something.

She wouldn't let you touch her anymore because she wanted your pullover, to sniff and to wallow... She liked you, but you rejected her first. Hmpf.