Friday 19 September 2008

Status Update

Yo yo yo. Well yah, been lazy about updating the blog. The laziness is a sign of the times. Am not working or more politely "in between jobs". You have to admit it then easy to let the muscles go and make new indentations in the couch before endless hours of cable tv programming. Ok, I am exaggerating though I am able to veg out before the googlebox if I wanted to. I've discovered the Biography Channel (95), Sci-Fi(98), Universal (99) when I put my mind to it and hand on the remote, and have been catching Anderson Cooper at 10am on CNN these past few days. Have you seen Reaper? It's so good and funny.

Quite some bit of time has also been spent on Rocky aka Kiki aka Kuku, my nephew. He's quite a handful. Having spending time looking after him during the day has given me new respect for mothers. It ain't easy and it is easier to give up despite all the cuteness. Mostly because the cuteness comes with screaming and milky regurgitates.

Am going for interviews. It is an interesting market out there man. People need people and when they tell you they are looking for the right person, you wonder if you're gonna be the left guy. I am generally lean towards pessimism, though I am great with giving others advice. "Chin up, drop 20, it's ok, no way she said that, and let's go have a beer." Maybe it's easier not to have too many expectations than fall harder and further when things don't pan out. Perhaps. Anyway, this round of interviews conjured up the age-old "so where do you see yourself in 5 years?" and "what are your weaknesses?" questions. First time I was ever asked those in my 9 years of filling out IR8As. The other ONE big question was "Why all these jumps in your career?" Editor, copywriter, PM, PM again, copywriter, and studied Engineering. What's up? In my head, it's "what's the problem?" while I explain opportunities and chances to make life interesting. Like a friend said last night, "What era are these people from?", it's all about doing many things and seeing where life takes you. You may not make tonnes of money, but you'll certainly be very interesting at a party. Oh dear, my life goal is to be interesting at parties. I mean, great! Woof!

Been taking pictures as usual. The camera goes where the eye goes. And yoga. Went to a 10am class, my thigh muscles nearly gave way but I survived, sweaty. Been running too. Did a sloooow jog to Sembawang Beach on a semi-rainy day on Sunday. It's funny that people like to hang out on an open jetty on a stormy day.

And today I chopped up 6 potatoes. Let the fun begin.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I've seen Reaper. I love it. If you'd like to talk about the show with other fans, then please join us.

whimmykimmy said...

I see we're in the same club when it comes to changing and doing many things. But com'on, before this we were already interesting at parties - so inevitable when you're born with it.

It's good to have these time off work to discover all the things we missed out, even the little ones. Hooray to that!

babypuppi said...

ello... enjoy the time in between :)

Anonymous said...

didnt know u've followed cheng's footsteps! wow, good luck in the job search. singapore employers suck.