Sunday 2 November 2008

Shaking Things Up

In yoga class, there are times when I discover myself shaking in certain poses. The instructors that notice will say that the shaking is a good thing - it means the body is adapting, adjusting to uncomfortable change. And change is mostly good.

At work, in general, I have discovered that people generally don't like change. They sit in a comfort zone of preset tasks, abilities and responsibilities. Getting paid for routine is a safe situation I guess but when the daily grind is disrupted, people start to panic, or perhaps, raise some hell, or at least make phone calls.

Then there is me. I have a job to do which includes cutting cost and effort when I see fit. No point duplicating the pain when it could be avoided. Better yet, when it would cost the company more money. So that's one of the things I do on this not-so-clean slate of a job. History is something hard to forget. So why bother. Let's appreciate the work done, and move on the best way forward. Tension or otherwise.

No comments: