Friday 14 November 2008

Some Thursday

My heel hurts. It has been for a while. Maybe my ankle is opening up from yoga. I suspect it's the brown shoes I have. Shoes hard on the sole. But dandy with the biz pants.

The yoga instructress made a funny, inadvertent joke today.
She said 'Ok, wind relieving pose' after she opened the windows to let in cool air. I laughed and said 'That's ironic' which every sweaty person in my vicinity heard. I couldn't tell if they mustered a smile or not because we were all on our backs facing the ceiling. Yes, the do let cool air in during hot yoga. Else the attendees might die or revolt. This time though the instructress let the windows stay open during the last six exercises. Very odd but nice. In fact, I felt a little chilly.

I had expensive Malay rice again today. Maybe I am coming out of food price comparisons with Maxwell market, the cheapest place to eat in the city. I had ikan bilis with petai (stink beans?), an angular segment of omelette and taugeh with koo chye, all gloriously slathered with assam pedas gravy. That was $4.10. The teh halia was $1.30. You, of course, at this time are salivating but yet are curiously tickled at the concept of meatlessness in my diet. I tend not to have meat at lunch if I can help it if (unless it's chicken or charsiew rice) because the post-lunch digestion will likely put me to slumber. My cube at work is not well camouflaged against office politics and whispers. The reason for even choosing Malay rice was probably weather related and stress related.

One month into the job and finally some stress. I need to strategise how to enter a new market with money I need to ask from some people big and powerful. It's like how they built Jurong Island, on a promise of greatness. I need to promise greatness too, backed up with some facts and potential revenue-based as well as intangible benefits for the organisation. Thank God my boss is there with the 'here's what you do' and 'this needs more work' and 'yes I think so too'. This stress should last a week or so.

I missed Heroes and 24 but caught Hotel Babylon on BBC Entertainment. British TV is so sharp. Had 3 chappatis with dahl my mother brought back from the gurdwara (Sikh temple) and kheer (a rice-milk-cashew pudding, generally eaten warm). Stuffed, I write this post. Soon the stuffing shall put me to sleep.

Still ruminating.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

is "ruminate" your favourite word now?