Monday 4 May 2009

Seek And Ye Shall Find That Better Deal

Centrum the multivit. I take it. The past week the bottle in the fridge has been rattling louder than a sidewinder scared shitless behind a Nevada cactus. Meaning I'm down to final few pops.

So I trudged into my local neighbourhood Gua-ardian and per-rused around. Here, Centrumy, Centrumy, Centrumy.

Now looky here, offer price. Buy two bottles of 100 for a special, blow ya mind price of $89.90. Wow-wee. Now I poppped out my trusty No-kia mobile thingajiggy and did a little Arith-me-tic. That's like 45cents a pop my Symbian cal-ki-la-tor concluded. Whoooopee.

I then spied a lone bottle of 100 going for $50. Yeah these here 200 pills would see me spending a nickel less on a pill of multi-vit-goodness.

But look yonder. What would I see above them algae green boxes of Brands but that familiar white box with rainbowy stripeyness. It was bigger, longer than usual. I mosey-ed on down past some unfine ladies and strange male folk along narrow shelving. There it was, the holy grail of Centrum packages - 120 pills. Snap, crackle and pop! $50.60. That's defies all possibilities - an amazin' 42 cents a dose of 3 times a week wellness. A find of the century, like a nugget of gold all glinty in the Ca-li-for-ni-a sunshine. Yee haw.

Now back to your regularly scheduled non-aunty programming.

No comments: