Thursday 27 August 2009

Cational Day

Unplanned, I showed with a few friends I was watching a movie with at Jason's apartment in an interesting part of town to celebrate his cat's birthday and watch the National Day Parade on TV. It's a nice cosy apartment done up to reflect Jason's creative designer status. Lots of black. The creepy bit were the windows that slid open, exposing me slightly more than waist up. It was tricky taking some of shots I took (see my Flickr). We had impressive lychee lemongrass cocktail to enjoy.

The cat is Socks and was involved in the cat toys bought for him. Then he started to sniff my armipits quite a bit. I dunno, maybe I have some chemicals I exude that pique a cat's interest. It was quite ticklish and I often had to stifle laughter.

822pm came and about 2/5 of the people there stood in front of the TV with their fist at their hearts. I had my fist there but wasn't saying anything - I can't remember what I was distracted by. Was I trying to take a picture of the loyalists?

The fireworks didn't really impress me this year, and the RSAF didn't make more than one thundering pass over the city. Tough times, costs cut?

And President Nathan didn't sing the anthem, again. Wazzup with that?

No comments: