Tuesday 2 February 2010

Screen Fingers

I always thought I'd be blogging more with an iPhone. It would have been instant and frequent I thought. But I've been fascinated and occupied with other things that the mobile Internet has allowed me to do. I check my emails, talk to fellow iPhoners on Whatsapp (I figured out today that the creator of the app couldn't name it Whatsup for whatever reason and decided to tweak the spelling), check the news, read feeds and catch up on my favourite bloggers, photographers and news providers on the go and last but certainly not the least time consuming, play games. Yes, the one with two left hands with computer games, is using sways and jerks to play Dark Nebula, and tiny finger flicks to play SG Mahjong.

Both of these games like many others are addictive. Dark Nebula is awesomely loaded with space, sci-fi graphics all you need to do is bring a ball to the end of an obstacle-laden course, and not plummet to life minus one. Bounce, avoid and roll. SG Mahjong is well mahjong plain and simple. The cool thing is that the thrown tiles are neatly arranged before you and the app prompts you to pong or hu when the appropriate tile appears. The bad thing is that I have throw away important tiles because my flicking finger is too big and it locked on to the wrong tile. Still it's loads of fun and there's no money to pay out. Woof.

Not that I am constantly on my iPhone. Just when there's nothing much else to do.

1 comment:

whimmykimmy said...

should i download the mahjong game too? hmm... let's get together this CNY to play some real games ;) Bak Kwah on the house.