Monday 3 October 2011

Flat Post 1 - Intro

So I finally bought a flat.

It was a long road of searching and eventually committed to a 5 room flat in Sengkang. It's not perfect, no flat really is. This one checked a lot of boxes on my list - 3 bedrooms, 6 minutes' walk to the MRT, 5 bus stops from my nephew (My mum has to be daytime nanny, so close proximity was a consideration). All said and done it's sort of a rite of passage. Growing and getting into debt, like any other working class taxpayer. Admittedly, it still feels like a house, not yet a home. Too soon I guess, just a month since I moved in. To the day in fact.

There were quite a few ups and downs, well, one remembers the downs more, naturally. I'll give the lo-down on the how to get by without an agent and how to handle the damn finances in the next post. Now I'm coming to end of another Law & Order episode and then I intend to call it a night.

No comments: