Saturday 9 June 2007

Island Signs (And Puppies)

If you don't already know, I am part of a volunteer group that runs Pedal Ubin, a programme where we bring people around the island on bikes. (If you are keen for a bit of exercise and excitement on a weekend, go sign up at the website and we'll see you in September.)

The last trip was on 2 June and I went overboard with my signage photo fetish. I can't help myself. I take photos of instructional text and graphics. I like to capture the way people choose to express themselves on a physical surface. (There are also pictures of people, animals and scenery. No, I am not as psycho as you may erroneously conclude. I have added an image of puppies to prove this point. Please advise if it has worked). I am intrigued by the 'Ribena plants' advertised. Hmmm.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gurms, the Ribena plants are for real. More real than the 'Ribena' brand of cordial that (now we know) contains zlitch amount of Vitamin C!

Anonymous said...

By the way, you'll be there on 777 (07 July 07)?

gurmit singh said...

The ribena is SG is ok, ok. What's on on 070707?

Anonymous said...

Opening of the CJ Boardwalk and Hse Numero Uno! Morning - is a Sat. And please can you post a visual expression of yourself on Facebook!