Sunday 16 September 2007

Complain! Like A True Singaporean

I must complain!

1. I am picking a fight with the LTA. They don't wanna build a permanent downriding escalator at the Peck Seah exit at Tanjong Pagar MRT because "We would like to let you know that LTA generally provides ascending and descending escalators at certain exits of stations, where the commuter traffic are much higher." Apparently, not enough people use that exit. Interesting. I replied that I didn't agree. Let's see what happens.

2. Last Thursday night I was on a taxi home. At 1030pm on the CTE the jam started at the Moulmein Road area. I was curious to know what would be the stroke of unfortunate luck that would be slowing my taxi down from a nice 80km/h to a pathetic 40km/h. I couldn't tell, yet. We struggled past the PIE, start stop start stop. As we came down the Braddell flyover, I could see nothing for two kilometres but a sea of red rear lights flashing at me, mocking me. Still I could not figure out what was holding my taxi back. Then it came to view. The shock, the horror. A police car parked on the chevrons at the Ang Mo Kio Ave 1 exit with its blue-red woo-woo lights turning CTE Exit 11 into a mobile disco. Goodness, do the police not realise the psychological power they possess over the SG driver?! Everyone was simply slowing down because some police car was parked at the side of the road! Aaargh.

I am turning into a bitter old man too soon.

No comments: