Tuesday 11 September 2007

Seeing Liz Again

Liz came back from the UK some weeks ago, and Sunday was a reunion of sorts with the folks from Job 1. We took a while deciding on a date and a place for food. In the end it was back to the Prata Place at Evans Road (eh deja vu) (Maybe I will move to somewhere nearby..hmmm). On the way to feast, I passed through old NIE and caught a lightning storm brewing in spectacular fashion over the MacRitchie area. Old birds Ariel, Puay and Liz showed up with newbies Chris and Shu Qiang. In typical fashion, Puay and Liz are late, the latter more so. I had the garlic and butter naans. Yummers.



Then we ended up at Island Creamery at Serene Centre. You know something - I had never been to Serene Centre in my life till Sunday past. "Are you Singaporean?", I was accused. I lived in the West and North and passed by Bukit Timah many times. Perhaps I was intimidated by the St Maggie girls and Chinese High boys.

Island Creamery is a gem. With flavours like Teh Tarik and Tiger Sorbet, it is truly an amazing place to satisfy the sweet tooth. Go try. And they let you print your digital images for free. The walls are literally plastered with images of folks who are in love with the ice cream, themselves and others. It's a museum of sorts and excellent marketing in my book. Well done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aiyoh, Gurms... it's Shu Chiang lah. Shu Qiang sounds like Shu Qi's sista! :)

stardust said...

island creamery!!! another one at Great World City!
most lickable ice cream ever. :D