Monday 24 September 2007

Up One To 33

Ok, ok, the date has passed. I am now 33 and 2 days old today.

Thanks for the well wishes, pre, on time and post. On the night of the 21st, I was taken to Artery at Red Dot to be royally sloshed. I first was filled with pizza at Spizza, cold slices from a dinner that started an odd hour earlier. Delicious. We walked to the place of alcoholic consumption, a long walk that helped settled dinner. After my pint of Heiny, the madness started at the stroke of midnight. First was chocolate cake from Bakerzin. Damn it was good. It added colour to the oral discharge later.

Then I was ambushed. "We can't buy you a car ah, so we buy you a Flaming Lamborghini!", laughed Jorida, the lead punisher. "Oh dear", I muttered under my breath. That was done quickly, with much fanfare. I also had a realisation that my friends here were out for blood, their credit card would not stop the slip-slide across the payment machine until this Punjabi was put to inebriate rest. Then there was the Sex On The Beach, Kamikaze, Macallan, some horrible punch-coloured concoction. There was a Long Island Tea which I managed to avoid (Sorry MH).

There was more I think. I can't remember. All I know is that I managed to 'relieve' the strain more than once at the loo. The last time was the beginning of the end of the night. I challenged Jorida to a shot of Macallan's just before and then I blabbered on and on about friendship etc etc. I already talk too much when sober. With alkie, I am like JBJ on steroids. Goodness.

I couldn't remember how I got home. Apparently, I slept in Ronnie's car all the way up north (but how did I get into the car?) and I think Carolina molested me in the car. I think but I have no proof. Only she knows, the Punggolian (or is it Punggolite?). I somehow unlocked the gate and staggered into the flat. Next thing I know I am on the bathroom floor, cold and a little wet and my mother is outside asking if I was ok. It's 630am. I shower, drink lots of water with one Panadol Extra and go sleep.

There was a second cake, Blackforest (yum!), at about 230pm with the family. My mother told everyone about my bathroom escapades. Sigh. That's starting 33 for you.

Thanks to Ronnie for the pixes, congratulations to the Chews on their 1st anniversary. Thanks all, it is one to remember fondly :)

3 comments:

sueisfine said...

happy B-lated b'day Gurms!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated! :)

Anonymous said...

hey bro! happy belated b-day! sorry, my b-day memory is only enough to remember my wife's.

by the way, the ronnie mentioned in your entry, i know a ronnie whose surname is chew too, used to be in nus civil. wonder whether it's the same ronnie?