Sunday 23 March 2008

Find The Drive

The other day I was at someone's house and we talked about exercise or the lack of exercise in our sedentary lives. Some time towards the end of last year, I started to try to get fit again, mostly as a way to solve my back problem - some compressed nerve thing.

The important thing that I did however was not anything physical but psychological. I could choose to exercise or not, and each path had its outcomes. When in doubt, rationalise. So I decided not to disappoint myself.

"The most important person you need to keep a promise to is yourself."

That's it. Whether it's about putting on those shoes to go for a walk or bigger things like looking for a new job, the line works. What do you think? And what 'works' for you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

couldn't be more right.
that line.

:)