Wednesday 31 December 2008

One Holiday Down, More Eating To Go

So Christmas is over and we're hours away from 2009.

What's been going on?

I have been eating a lot. Some friends I hang out with a lot have this plan to eat at least 4 distinct places this holiday season - a bar to celebrate the return of a friend from SF with cider and chicken wings, another friend's house for Christmas zhi-char dinner, Long Beach Seafood at Dempsey because lunch is 20% off with your Visa card, Indonesian food at Cumi Bali because we miss the food and the restaurant had moved to a new, bigger place, and lastly, Karu's Curry at Upper Bukit Timah Road.

I am pleased to announce that we have completed all but the curry fest.

I am not so pleased to announce that last week I felt my heart beat harder while I was trying to get to sleep.

Today, New Year's Eve, there is some plan to make an addition to list of gourmet delights with a visit to friend's uncle's shop that serves turtle soup. That gives me the creeps. Apparently, there is black chicken soup too. Perhaps that will entice me to tag along.

I have been keeping to the twice a week yoga and weekend walk/run regimen. Perhaps the heart, liver and kidneys won't decide to expire prematurely this season.

I predict however there will be more feasting and merrymaking in the coming month as it leads up to Chinese New Year at the end of January. Yikes. I have to watch the wallet too. The ballooning is not just targeting the waist.

No comments: