Tuesday 16 June 2009

What's Been Up

I am sick again. Hate the feeling. My lymph nodes in the neck hurt. I discovered that means some bacteria got past the body's firewall, and as someone else on Twitter said, I was hacked.

So I am viral now and have got anti-biotics to make things better. Let's see. The visit to the doc was funny though. He was shooing away this nurse as I came in and my sleeve wouldn't roll up my bicep (ahem) as he wanted to take my blood pressure. Then took my temperature in both ears. Both. And the thermometer read less than 37. Sub-normal. He had a little fan on the floor and I asked him why. He went to explain that the airconditioning was crap and the ventilation sucky. The windows didn't help. I told him sunlight was disinfecting. He checked my mouth twice. I was beginning to see a pattern.

(Gone to play with nephew)

Kiki was calling unk-ka. That's me :)

Anyhoo, this ill behaviour could be result of moving house. We moved to another place in Woodlands because the HDB and CPF conspired to delay the purchase of the new old place in Hougang. So that's happening Q4. And we're renting. Not a great place, needed a lot of cleanup. Well, desperate times. It was not easy moving. I had 30 boxes of dunno wat to move. And on the night before the move, I went home after a couple or three James Squires to find my sis and mom surrounded by boxes, things and bubble wrap. I slept at 230am and woke at 6am to pack some more. The movers came and took everything in two trips and everything, though labelled, got mixed up. So now we are asking where's this and that, and which box it could be in. Aiyoh. But I am nicely settled in, all the necessities all present and accounted for.

Speaking of James Squire, I have sort of discovered a daytime cafe that wants to be a nightime bar in the building where I work. Called Black, you'll find posters that read Goof F***ing Coffee and F***ing Cheap Drinks depending on the time of day you saunter by. The furniture is old school and the guy's got a actual record player there. It's a nice place with potential.

(I went to NTUC, had dinner and watched some TV. Now to re-read the last para and start again)

Yes, go to Black. Have a couple of James Squires in the evening, 2 for $15, and they have sparkling sake. Happy hour hard stuff with a mixer is $7. Tell John you heard it from me.

I tried Quiznos - no big deal. Really, and the wait will kill you as your stomach lining fizzes almost beyond redemption in the accumulating hydrochloric acid in your lunch-starved tummy. Subway wins.

I have migrated from teh halia to teh-si halia. Not to sweet, just the same kick, 10 cents more expensive.

Now time to take an antibiotic and sleep. I'll continue sooner or later about the museum of old stuff I am going to set up.

2 comments:

alkie_traveller said...

yo...where is this black coffee exactly?

gurmit singh said...

Ground floor, Chevron House (oppo Body Shop) Raffles Place, Singapore.