Saturday 5 December 2009

Generally Speaking

Work - Company's in a bit of reorg, just like every other. So there's a little uncertainty in the air but work carries on as usual. Lots of updates to make with deadlines looming close, especially since I was away from work for 2 whole weeks when I was back in uniform. The future still sparkly so we're keeping our heads down, chins up and hands diligently slamming the keyboard.

Year end - Well it is time to party hearty. The big boss started the ball rolling with a lunch at Petit Au Salut, a French bistro at Chip Bee Gardens. Awesome gesture. Food was fab. I went safe with a pasta dish but the rest of the folks gulped down oysters and baked snails. A long lunch well enjoyed. Apart from that, I've had beer twice this week. Not done that in a while. Sounds kinda lame but yes I am older and wiser somewhat. So too much alkie is a red flag. I had 2 Hoegaarden Magnums on Wednesday, and that reminded me of the times I had plenty of the white beer at Union Bar. Good times that. On Friday, I convinced a friend not to attend yoga class and have a beer instead. I bet my karma points were penalized. By 11ish I felt tired and nearly missed my train stop home. Is it age or was I genuinely bushed? I recall that Calvin Harris song about partying among the mature set, I'm Not Alone. Well, there are more parties to go to and I will assess the damage on Dec 17th.

Dec 17th - I've scheduled a healthcheck at SATA. Thankfully I can use my company medical to cover a health screening. I signed up for the treadmill test. My boss took it last year and he said he nearly fell off the conveyor. Yikes. Hope my uric levels are down. Last year the doc said I had a tendency for gout, but never really had a case where my feet swelled up. I hope never.

Photos - too many I have not dealt with. Some are going up on Flickr as I type away. It's the descriptions and tagging that's a hassle. But for friends and the Flickerati it begs effort.

The arts - In the space of two weeks, I have bought tickets for Muse and The Killers. That practically blows my arts quota for the year 2010 (one a year). I figure if Singaporeans did their bit to support the arts by attending and paying for one arts event a year, we'll all see a marked improvement in attendances as well as support for the young, desperate but artistic. So now I need to catch up on the relevant music to be able to sing and scream along at these concerts. I have not been to a concert in quite a while, at least my memory doesn't seem to extract the info quickly enough. A fake Abba show comes to mind. Or was it Jeremy Monteiro?

No comments: