Thursday 7 April 2011

An Insult To Your Intelligence By Beer


See this ad? It's new from Carlsberg if you haven't figured it out. Splashed across the Staits Times and TODAY, the full pages simply make we wanna scream. I know it seems juvenile but this insult to our collective intelligence cannot go unheard. The friggin spaceman clearly has a suit on, he's on the moon and he's holding a bottle of Carlsberg. Seriously? I am upset because we all know, yes, we all know that picture can be taken but there's no bloody way he's gonna be able to sip his beer without the little problem of erm...dying! What is this, a bloody cartoon? The very audacity of whichever ad firm that proposed this bullshit and whichever Carlsberg marketing dodo approved the thing is plain sickening. Do they think we're seeing Sputnik for the first time or we're befuddled by what's beyond atmospheric range? We have watched movies you know. We have gone to school you know. Look up "effects of near zero gravity and almost no atmospheric pressure" you twits. While you're at it, try to figure what cosmic radiation would do if the thirsty traveller lifted his visor, dumbasses.

Don't throw that creative licence shit at me. This isn't creative, it's a bad idea given an art director's two cent waste of time.

Aargh, unforgivable! Not even clever. Shameless in fact.

Astronauts are usually scientists for goodness sake. In a one creative fell swoop, they have been denegrated to beer addicts lazing on the lunar surface unable to forsee their demise for the sake of an alcoholic drink. If the bugger was thirsty, he would sip from this drink pipe in his space suit. That technology exists.

Perhaps you may agree that my reaction to this advert is precisely what they asked for, a reaction. But I don't try to drink Carlsberg you see. It isn't going to win me over knowing there's a stupid astronaut on the moon holding an empty bottle (which suprisingly hasn't shattered). Nothing grabs me except the sheer crap of it all. And the $ spent on media makes me laugh. Fail, big time. I am most upset. I shall write a letter.

1 comment:

whimmykimmy said...

Hahaha. I've enjoyed this piece of ad critic thank you!