Thursday 20 July 2006

One Neighbour To Drive You Mad

Well then, looks like I have an in-office blog-centered crush. My first. Cheryl Lim Lah Moh (not her real complete name) yesterday declared that my comedic blog writing had got her hormones running. I present exhibit A on the right.

I sit next to Cheryl. In these soon-to-be 10 months of being 'neighbours' at work, we have talked, shouted, laughed, complained, been silly and driven our colleagues nuts. We are the Mr & Mrs (technically speaking 'office hubby and wife, see exhibit B, phone screen pix below) with an adulterous side dish of Gerald, who pops in randomly throughout the day to partake in or provide the hilarity. Oh dear, I hear you moan.

Now that Cheryl has declared her liking for my linguistic prowess, I am in firm stead with her other articulate admirings - Lee Hsien Loong (who now goes by the nickname of Hottie Lee) and George Yeo. Is this a sign that I will end up in politics? Will I dangle upgrading carrots to the unwieldy, sore-kneed public in dire need of lifts? Or will there be an opportunity to pull a fast one over a CCTV? I don't know.

Anyway, I digress. Cheryl would scold me for detracting from the subject at hand - her. She's an attention seeker and she knows it. Before her fortnight affair on the 'Love Boat', she bought and wore elegant dresses which she gladly paraded before me throughout the working day, accosting my personal space as she modeled her lady-like outfits, constantly asking 'Do I look nice?', 'Do I look pretty?'.

I sat next to her at our SPM's wedding and ended up taking enough pixes of Lah Moh (at her behest, I assure you) to suggest that she was the bride.

You sigh this time.

But she's a great project manager. Her love for LV, 'dog rice' and bad Mandarin gets in the way.

Check out Cheryl's blog - Exhibit C of the madness - http://weilim.blogspot.com

No comments: