Sunday 6 August 2006

Many Days Later

Hello hello hello. It has been quite a while since I have put up anything here. I apologize to any fan/fans I may have disappointed or lost in this abhorrent neglect of civic duty.

Sorry lah. I have been terribly busy at work, sometimes into the wee hours. Hence my tiredness and lack of zest and sprightliness are to be blamed. What about on the weekends you ask. Well, all I wanna do on Saturdays and Sundays is vegetate on the couch, eat bad food and enjoy all the TV I had missed over the course of the week. It's true - I am a couch potato and the shape is showing unfortunately.

Sorry lah. I try not to be lazy but I can't help it. After a work day of confusing madness, silly conflicts, deadlines that zoom by, a myriad discussions and meetings and 2 million emails, I think I am allowed some laziness.

Sorry lah, but I shall recap my life over the past weeks:
1. Friends have been reading this blog of mine and comments have been varied. "Funny" has been a common description. Ms Ong, who's preggers with Katie/Justin, says "I'm obsessed with work" since most of my contents are about my colleagues and related issues. That's rather astute don't you think, even borderline psychiatry-ish. Maybe I am fundamentally employment oriented. Shit.

2.
A secondary development has been the onset of rumours pertaining to my singlehood, or more accurately, the demise of. The cause of this was my earlier posting on Cheryl Lim Lah Moh. I had to profusely profess my non-interest in my colleague via a Trillian chat window to Mary and Kelvin, the participants on the end of the line.

3.
Generally, the past few weeks have set me thinking about priorities. My family versus time versus money versus career versus ambition. It's not easy to come to a decision about what it takes to be happy. This could be a Singapore problem - we're apparently the least happy people in Asia. Someone tell the gahmen and get to launch a campaign that involves free booze, comedy shows (Najip, Norleena and Kumar on the same stage will do it) and NTUC/SMRT/SBS/SCV/ERP discount vouchers. Anyway, the "Q" template is in My Documents *wink* *wink*.


4. My company did a relaunch of itself on our 10th anniversary. It was a declaration of who we are, how we work, what we want to achieve, and what we want others to perceive us as. It was nice for three reasons - it gave me something to think about in terms of my career, it was held on a Monday afternoon, and the best reason, dinner and drinks. Woo hoo. The bad bit was I lost my relaunch freebies, my camera case got stolen, I exacerbated my flu.

A week later, I still have the flu. Cheryl and my other colleague, Serene (office nickname Sex Kitten) stole my camera case and returned it 3 days later. Whoopee! Sniff, sniff.


5. We had an office party last Friday where we said goodbye to the Creative Director. There was food and beverage after. That's when we spent 5 hours playing Jenga and Boggle. Goodness. All that time not doing my work. There will be hell to pay?

That's it. Sian man.

No comments: