Friday 8 December 2006

The Humbling

It turns out I am the fool. The one who speaks too loud, too quickly, of unsound mind and tinderbox temper. Right now, the events of a week ago haunt me even more now that they are a blur. A blur of confusion coupled with fingers pointed in the wrong direction. Not that I need to point fingers still. It's over, and isn't worth dragging up regardless of intention of each attendee or principle of judgement. I concede. I have expressed my sentiments and they have been acknowledged. This event is a lesson, one of temperance, respect and appreciation of truth and relationships. In the midst of all else that was and is changing around me, this constant should not have been one to subject to tension.

When broken bones heal, they heal stronger. Like I said before, the fabric will not be the same. I don't know about anyone else but that change will be in me. I am not stronger but guarded and resigned but better for it. Scars and all. Nonetheless, whatever reparations I make, this lion is bruised. It will rise with caution and constant checks, mindful of the number of glasses that have emptied. Like the soul that was drained and emptied with each passing day. I am sorry.

No comments: