Sunday 24 December 2006

Retro Xmas

I have failed to elaborate on the company Xmas party. It was a touted as a Retro affair which gave many the opportunity to don prints and platforms. Others stole the show with bad wigs and flower power. I won the best dressed.

Yes, it is strange I admit. That very afternoon I had no clue what to wear. Having thick spectacles I thought I might was make it a Nerdtro party and went as a school teacher. Short sleeved shirt (unfortunately not white), retro tie, 2 pens in the breast pockets, tight grey trousers. I should have brought along a wooden ruler to thwack the misbehaving (believe me there was plenty) and ensure orderly behaviour.

Well I won the best dressed because the MC required us to improvise a dance routine based on the I'm Too Sexy song by Right Said Fred. I undid my belt, swung it in the air, undid one button, exposed that bit of skin and hair, and managed to garner $10 in patronage. OKlah, for one night's work.

Edwin and Carolyn topped off the festivities with their rendition of a Bollywood movie dance scene. It was such a hoot that I organised and led in the chorus line of backup dancers during the encore performance. What a blast.

No comments: