Sunday 3 December 2006

Lazy Man Blogger

I am lazy man. Note that this is different from stating "I am a lazy man". In the former, "lazy" is a comment and is a contextual utterance. Since I am on painkillers and have been on them for the week, I think the initial sentence was drug-induced. Also "man" is used like "lah" as commonly applied in Singlish. In the second, more definitive sentence, the man is lazy and cannot be altered otherwise. It is a declaration or a confession, like those you start off with in Lazyass Anonymous meetings.

Contextually, I have not been blogging since early November. It is quite embarassing. As a defence, I admit to working too late, going on reservist, attending the company training event in Bintan, going back to reservist, going out with pple leaving the company, having 4 pints of cider, watching Happy Feet and being at peace with the sofa and TV for the weekend. Yup, lazy. Hence my lack of blog entries.

Tomorrow I go back to work. And the horrors that await me there. I am sure they will not be hiding in the dark crevices of the photocopier but rather swallowing me whole at the Work In Progress meeting at 1030am. If i coat myself in Dettol, will the monsters spit me out?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read yr latest entry on a Sunday night.. damm sian .. going off 4 three weeks reservist tomorrow. - Ngiamster