Monday 1 January 2007

Office, George, Borat and Vomiting - In That Order

Since 27 Dec quite a bit has happened.

On the 28th I stopped by the office to shred any incrimininating evidence of general office mayhem from 2006 (aka cleaned up my desk) and I met my immediate boss there who cordially informed me that 2007 will be a daunting year, esp in the early months. What a start. Mood dampener? Well not really, since we all expected work to double and pressure to treble with reduced numbers at the helm. Good luck to us and may the force be with us. Bonus also can.

On the same evening I met George, a friend. He's discovered his path in life and has sought to awaken others around, if they so seek his intervention. Sounds evangelistic? Well kinda. He's found God in one form and direction. Most importantly, he's happy. And for him, so am I. This complex guy has often taken the road less travelled to seeking his goals, getting lost and found and lost again, rolling with the ups and downs of finding himself, with and without the guitar. It dawned on him some time ago that he's meant to counsel others. I agree - he's a good listener and observer, and keenly perceptive. But sometimes he yaps on too much :) Good luck man. Though we ain't seeing eye to eye on some things, you know I am here for you. We'll talks truths again.

That night, it was Borat time! Yup, I went to watch the master of irreverance with Liz, Solo and wife, Aly. The movie (officially Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan) is touted as a mockumentary and it lives up to that reputation. It is an insight to how civilised people will react in awkward circumstances, like having two pasty naked men run into an hotel elevator half full of guests. The best bits to look out for are the church scene and formal dinner. Though some scenes are ridiculous and disgusting, you'll just want to watch (Did Solo cover the wifey's eyes at some objectionable moments?) and laugh. Come on, feed that curious beast within. Damn shiok, damn teruk.

George and I met up at Marche where I had the rosti, garlic sausage, sour cream and a pint of Erdinger. That night, 5am, I puked. It was the initial salvo of stomach flu. Since then I had vomited 3 times, had a mild fever and went to loo countless times. The crap was a foul smelling liquid of questionable colour. I suspect the potato or the sausage. It was a few days of bloatedness and home remedies. I am pleased to inform everyone that the first signs of recovery took place yesterday with improvements in crap colour and consistency. Today, even more better. Hail the new year!

No comments: