Sunday 18 February 2007

Mat Rempit By Hitz FM

I heard the music from Zul's Sony Ericsson handphone (great sound!) at Kim's birthday party. He got it while on reservist (interpersonal electronic communication is a big part of the army life). A spoof of Tokyo Drift, a tune most Ah Bengs will recognise.

I was blown away at the quality of the production - bloody incredible with funny lyrics and superb delivery. Brilliant lah. Here's a taste of the lyrics:
Many many cars all driving,
Cutting here and there, no signal-ing.
Scream-ing, scolding-ing, horn-ing, speed-ing
None of them even look-ing.
I don't wan to pro-be-lam,
Need to get to work so please faham.
Turn-ing, cutt-ing, chilla-ting(?), thank you
Pray hard I don't get sum-mon

The tune is about driving on narrow roads and general Malaysian road life. A Mat Rempit is someone who rubs up against you, when driving I presume. Ahem.



So well done. Kudos.

No comments: