Sunday 19 October 2008

32, 33 and now 35

I recently took on a new job. It's one where I have to leave my jeans and t-shirts behind for 4 out of 5 days of the work week. So I had to update my business wear and in that process discovered that my waistline isn't mine.

I thought I was a 33. And that 33 would be a comfy fit. But no, I leaped up to a shocking 35 for snug. After time in the fitting rooms in several stores, I emerged with larger than usual trousers to wear to my current employ. Sigh.

But no, I have a size 32 bermudas and size 33 jeans. Hence the semi-miffed post. Haha, I let it go as quickly as I exited the trains at Raffles Place. No point fretting over a 2-digit number that defines vanity and superficial perceptions.

A friend advised it was 'cutting'. Business wear just has a different 'cutting'. Great.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seem like all the running could not offset the couch potato hours.

Anonymous said...

it's not the cutting. u're obese!!!! :p

gurmit singh said...

My friends are uncommpassionate idiots.

babypuppi said...

depending on the humidity level and room temperature fabric expands or contracts. the extent depends on synthetic or natural fibres. it has nothing to do with you or your waistline whatsoever.