Monday 27 October 2008

Zip Code Antics Once More

I confess, I used 90210 as my American zip code address for some online forms. Those not in the TV scene will be delighted or repulsed to know that you will be seeing and hearing a lot of more about those 5 digits now that some smart asses in California decided to 'bring it all back' with a new teen-ridden TV series.

I don't get why we need more teenage Americans screaming, shouting, whispering, kissing, hugging, making friends, breaking up with friends and not doing their homework. And oh yah, doing the nasty in the Mercedes in the carpark. Kids dissing other kids because they're cooler. Come on, we've seen the OC. We've seen or at least heard of The Hills. There's something on MTV called Laguna Beach. I bet there are more, it's just that I ain't clued-in enough to the TV show scene to advise my esteemed readers. They are all the same, just different actors and locations and lighting.

They said they don't want to repeat what the earlier series had achieved - making us vomit. I doubt things will change. Excuse me while I plan to change the channel.

1 comment:

lovejssb said...

well, apparently, some network pulled them off air after only 4 episodes were aired. guess the ratings weren't good enough... and that there are lots who share your views. :)