Wednesday 8 October 2008

Job 5 Day 1

I gotta iron shirts to wear for this one. Again. The trousers too. (I was tempted to write 'pants' but technically pants are underwear as dictated by the Queen, right Puay?) I am not averse to ironing. I just to need to rediscover the therapeutic spell of steam, hot surfaces and starched creases once again.

I have to wake earlier too. My body is adjusting slowly in spite of the Monday and Tuesday training. I needed caffiene to rescue me this afternoon.

Day 1 of a job is always interesting. It sets up the rest of the career. My boss told me he has 3 kids, 2 maids, sold his flat up north because it was far up north, explained his leadership style and bought me ramen. I told him he looks too young for his age.

More excitement came when the department secretary couldn't decide what my surname was. And then the computer came with Windows XP. So I had to move the icons and toolbar with Start Button to the top of the screen. Not because that what it looks like on my Mac but because my right hand tends to move the mouse more often to that part of the screen that anywhere else. Just like I did back on my laptop 2 jobs ago.

Time to sleep. Early to bed, hopefully early to go under, early to get up.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats on starting a new job. new environment new colleagues and hopefully new babes. u've always had exotic job titles, what are u this time?

Anonymous said...

Yeah.. I especially loved the Copwriter one... :P

Anonymous said...

So, Gurms... are you:

(a) A ramen chef-in-training?

"World's First Hand-Ironed Ramen!"

Yums.

(b) A male nanny in a not-in-a-north-flat household.

"The Third Maid"

Okay this sounds like a title of a horror movie.

(c) A project manager/management executive/professional/editor-in-chef... erm, chief.

"Zzz..."

Oh the suspense. In pants.

Ps. Yes, that refers to your pink underwear.

Anonymous said...

Congrates but where are you now? Hey i tried the top navigation style and guess what, it true. But half the office people in XM say i mad!