Tuesday 27 January 2009

This Long Weekend

  • I realise that this weekend was my third 4-day weekend since Christmas. Time for the real work to begin.
  • I put my foot too far out while doing triangle pose in yoga. I didn't know it could be too far out.
  • There were 12 students in yoga class today, the second day of the new year. And they weren't all angmoh if you were thinking that.
  • My nephew can't balance well yet. I pushed a soft toy elephant him and he fell backwards, hit his head on the floor and cried to high heaven. Sorry.
  • I still like fish fingers. In the army, on Thursdays I think, a few of us just had fish fingers with chilli sauce and oranges later.
  • I have two Tim Tams sitting in milk in the fridge.
  • I bought a pink shirt, my first ever. Last week, I told my mother that pink was a sissy colour and she didn't buy sheets in that colour. What's happening?
  • I got the fewest ever Chinese New Year messages this year. Two SMSes I think.
  • When I go to sleep on the weekends, I listen to 90.5fm. Yeah the old fogeys station. I keep waking up in the middle of the night (on the weekends) and I will hear "The Way We Were" done my Gladys Knight I think being played. And I would sing along in my head. But then i do that with all songs I recognise.
  • I VPN-ed to work on Monday and settled things for tomorrow. And cleaned out my Inbox.
  • I watched Titanic, again, on TV last night. I felt emotional. And also wondered how they did the large scale ship shots. Damn, must be the pink shirt.
  • I also caught the Star Trek TV episode where Captain Picard got Borg-ed. So cool.
  • The doorbell wasn't working and my neighbour had been trying to pass Chinese New Year cookies and oranges and an angpow for my nephew to my mother these last two days. She saw me coming home from yoga and asked me "Boy, you mum not in ah?"

No comments: