Monday 26 January 2009

A Trip Up The River For A Rose

Got home at 4am Sunday morning after a night at Indochine Forbidden City with Rose and Ken visiting from Hong Kong followed by supper in Bedok North Ave 4. Yes quite a night. It started off with dinner in Little India. I had two pooris with beets, potato masala, masala chicken and chickpeas. Wolfed it all down with very sweet tea. (Are you hungry now?) I left mummy in the train up north at Raffles Place and walked up the river to Clarke Quay. I had my camera, a planned move to capture the heart the island at night.

So snap I did. I met an ex-colleague who was doing the same outside Riverwalk. Apparently Melvin was accompany his shy cousin around the city during the festive period. I went up the path to colourful Clarke Quay. It seems like no one parties anywhere else. The place is packed with locals and tourists, all hungry and thirsty, keen to see and to be seen, all in the name of having a good time.



With time to kill before the meet up, I found myself at The Crazy Elephant and had a good bluesy time with a Stella. Artoir that is. The band was amazing! The lead guitarist is magic and the American lady singer Jeanne French has got the lungs to belt out the raspiest of tunes with gusto and gumption. She did Bonnie Raitt and Muddy Waters and other classics I couldn't place. I managed to record their rendition of the Bill Withers classic Ain't No Sunshine for your enjoyment. (Pardon the poor lighting and not so great quality)



It was a good night catching up with some people I haven't seen in quite a long time.

Well, Happy Lunar New Year and may the Ox not shit around the place.

No comments: