Sunday 22 February 2009

Hasn't It Been A Month Since CNY?

Goodness. It has almost. I haven't really talked about what I did on this auspicious occasion. The holiday fell on a Monday and Tuesday so it became the third long weekend in 2 months (Christmas and New Year's were great long holidays too). I did little that weekend apart from watching a lot of TV. The following weekend the bunch of us trotted off to Joo Seng where Jo was going to prepare her once-a-year creation, lup mei fan. This Cantonese dish is essentially claypot rice with waxed duck meat and sausages. Yum yum yum it was. I think I ate three bowls of it.

She threw the event for her family and friends so there were always people moving in and out. There was the cacophony of conversation, card playing and clashing of mahjong tiles together with sounds of the TV to add to the festive occasion. The pictures don't quite do justice.

The next day I went to my boss' boss place for lunch. She insisted on serving her infamous chicken curry and I had somehow volunteered my mum's mutton curry some time ago. So there was quite a bit of curry at the party. Just a small group in a super apartment in a snazzy Bukit Timah condo. Aspirational.

No comments: