Monday 16 February 2009

Last Week And This Week

Alrighty then. Bad boy I am. Have not posted a thing for a week plus. Are you anxious to know what's been going on, my fateful reader-followers? Yes all 7 of you.

Haha. Last week I was mucho busy at work. There was an enewsletter to prepare for, do 2 web reports as well as redo a strategy doc for the livelihood and future of my project. Yikes. It was a pretty intense week and I missed one yoga lesson.

Oh yes, I was also trying to book flights and hotel rooms for a trip to KL for 9 people. Insane man. Especially with 3 sets of friends leaving at different times. We're eventually flying Tiger, Malaysian and Air Asia across the border. An interesting blessing came out of not being able to book return flights. Having encountered a communication error in the final transaction page on one day and hence not having confirmed any bookings on one night allowed me to make the same booking at more than 50% the next night (or two nights later) when the airline ran promo fares. Woof. But our hotel price went up (curses!) so we got a next best one (bestness!). Oh, we're going up for a friend's wedding.

Back to my last Friday, it was madness. The boss' boss tore apart the strategy deck with little mercy. I just nodded my head but argued when required. I'm not there to see what happens there this week because...

I AM ON RESERVIST TRAINING!

Yes, in green I am and back in glasses too. I'll only be back in the office when March comes around and heaven knows what happens in 2 weeks. I am hoping to have an early book out tomorrow so that I can make yoga.

The last time I was two weeks away from any work was in National Service when I got the chicky pox. It was a casual, spotted 10 days away from serving the nation when lo and behold, I came back to find my job had been changed! I was given a more stressful appointment accounting for ammunition. Fark I went. But that was 1994. I hope this doesn't repeat itself.

This is only my third in-camp training. They called me back real late, the first time was I was a fat 30. What a waste of all that time not racking up the 7 high-key and 3 low-key trainings. Sigh. Anyway, it's interesting meeting all these other guys who don't really want to be there too.

I hope to be able to blog more about the army life in the next few days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this post is quite farnee. keke! :)