Tuesday 17 February 2009

Not So Exciting This Time Around

I wonder how many guys are disappointed with reservist training. Someone said today "maybe they are training our patience". That was a good one. Admittedly, it hasn't really been too exciting back in camp. We had two lectures on semi-relevant stuff, some repeats from 2 ICTs ago. The rest of the time we didn't really do very much. Management hasn't really been very forthcoming with information as well, so we're left to our own devices in our bunks.

This reminds of the movie Flight Of The Phoenix - one guy started walking off into the desert when he knew there was no hope of being saved anyway. His excuse for running off was "All a man needs in this life is someone to love. If you can't give him that, give him something to hope for. If you can't give him that... give him something to do."

That's what I need - something to do.

I know this isn't very encouraging for non-NS-attendees. But there are other folks who seemingly have things to do, just not my bunch of guys. So the defence of the nation is not at stake.

Someone else said "Relax lah, this is the reservist of the old days, when it was a 2 week holiday". Gentlemen, is this your dream ICT too?

The food hasn't been spectacular either. Considering the $ per head MINDEF is paying Singapore Food Industries, we aren't sure the economics work in the Ministry's favour. I didn't get any vege today because the vege wasn't ready when I was in the queue. Like WTF.

At about 5pm, the CSM came to me and assigned me something new to do tomorrow. I am so happy I wouldn't be bored out of my mind. But I got to get into camp half hour earlier. There's always a catch eh.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the nice quote.

Frankly, the time-wasting in reservist is plain obscene. Obscene like bonuses in Wall St http://tinyurl.com/bl7rrf

Anonymous said...

the quote is quite farnee. kekke

gawd. reservist is CHILLMAX man. i cannot imagine for the hell of it, HOW BORED i wld be if i were in it.

:P