Tuesday 21 April 2009

Kaaarphooi!

I got the flu. Or rather had one. I dunno anymore.

Last last weekend, I managed to acquire a sore throat. There was much feasting that weekend, Arnold's fried chicken included. By the end of Sunday, I developed a sore throat. The sore throat is my Achilles' heel, not that I stick my foot in my mouth. (Metaphorically, yes, many times). Exposed to the dastardly dry office air on Monday, the sore throat took a turn for the worse - some airborne spawn of biological evil probably latched on to the tender membranes of trachea and multiplied.

By end day last Monday, I was sneezing and had a massive headache. That night a fever.

On Tuesday, I went to see the doctor. Being cheap, the company doctor. I waited 2 hours almost to enter room 5 where a rather mature lady asked me what was wrong with me and if was the actor. *Roll eyes* She also 'taught' me how to depress my tongue so that she could see the back of my throat without using an ice cream stick. Weird but friendly woman this one. She took my temperature with what looked like a barcode reader - she pointed it at my forehead, clicked and 36.7 deg showed up on the digital display. But I feel like a 38.5! Dammit.

I got my MC and 40 pills to swallow or suck. I took the ones for the headache and went home to sleep the day away. I missed a meeting with the company president and the global department head that day. (Career over?) My friends found me oddly online at office hours (my place of work bans messaging) and told me to take more MCs.

The next day till today, I have been having stuffed sinuses. I do the old man throathy conjuring of the sticky mucus and spit, but the body seems to produce more. The cursed virus festers on in my cavities, gloating and laughing at my feeble attempts at phlegm reduction.

I feel a headache coming on. Sniff snort sniff.

No comments: