Tuesday 7 April 2009

Monday And Tuesday Funny Things

1. On Sunday I set my alarm clock to wake up me early. At about what I guess to be 6am-ish, I saw a little light peep in through my window and went back to sleep, safe in the knowledge my alarm clock would save me from tardiness on the first work day of the week. Wrong. I left it on the 'alarm set mode' and it didn't beep me out of slumber. I arrive at work about 9-ish with my boss' boss making a speech about HR clamping down on latecomers. She went on to say 'work starts at 830am, so everyone better be here at 830am'. Yikes.

2. On Monday, I went to bed with the knowledge of turning on the alarm clock. Same setting as the night before and now turned on. At 521am I woke up, quite suddenly. I looked at the clock and thought it's too early and tried to activate the sandman once more. I woke up with sunlight glaring past the curtains at 720am. Damn, I didn't even turn the alarm on! Blimey. What was going on? I got to work in the same lift as my boss' boss. Woof. Heng ah.

3. I keep seeing people in purple. Is it like the new black? Is it a sign? What does it mean? The last time it was significant was 4D related. But I don't tempt myself that way no more. Unless Toto hits $3 million or higher.

4. On Monday, I had lunch at Golden Shoe. It's always some kind of event when you're there mostly because everyone is vying for seats at lunchtime. With tissues and newspaper, I was prepared for the task. Then a sequence of dumb things happened. One, the good Jap food stall had a short queue. But I hadn't got a seat yet. I was contemplating ordering my Katsu-don and looking for a seat in the meantime. At the same time, I noticed a cackle of 3 aunties nearby, seated on a table for 4. I hestitated in asking if I could take the seat, shy lah. I went to look for another seat that was more obviously not taken. In those brief moments, mere seconds, the queue at Don & Set (yes, it's a quirky name) grew long. Aargh. I found a seat quite far away, facing a pillar (how unglam) and staked my claim with the copy of Today I had. I joined the extended queue behind this woman with big hair. Just then the aunties got up and left. Basket, why did I not ask them for the seat earlier. Double basket, when I found out that the lady with the big hair ordered 6 tarpau sets. That took like forever to dish out (it is Jap food after all). So I missed a good seat and lost time. Double whammies in opportunities lost. Take a chance man, take a chance!

5. Today nothing much. My boss went to visit a cruise ship and had lobster bisque among other delicious things. He didn't ask me along (he felt bad) but that's ok because I had lots of work to get done by 530pm. Speaking of 530pm, my yoga lesson was all reserved out! First time, and by 1230pm some more. Hence the need to dash out at the appointed end of day and make it the studio to stake claim to my mat. (The reserve list doesn't cover all the places, heng ah). Early, I signed in, chit chatted to the recep girls and roaming instructors, changed, and went barefoot to buy H20 from the Cold Storage downstairs.

Hello Wednesday.

1 comment:

blunders said...

oh dear. look forward to long weekend! heng heng good friday. :p