Thursday 25 October 2007

Maxwell Yums

I like yong tau foo. I have one serving a week, at least, at Maxwell Market. This is for lunch. I almost always pick the same ingredients - 2 x taupok, 1 x tofu, 1 x green chilli, a few x fried things, at least 1 x vege (kangkong or some other green), 1 x fishball, 1 x brinjal. There could certain variations, plus or minus a few things. Lately I have been doing the soup version without a major carbo. Then I do the dippity dip with the chilli and sweet sauce. The soup at this Maxwell stall is ok, not as great as the one at Shaw Tower. That one was shiok. Ah, the memories of soyabeans swirling about my ikan-bilis stocked soup.

Speaking about Maxwell, there's a stall that does Chocolate Lava Cake for $3.50. It's not bad for a round off of the week's slaving over a hot computer. Comes topped off with a scoop of vanilla and a Maraschino cherry on a elegantly prepared serving plate.

(The YTF stall is opposite Tian Tian Chicken Rice (overhyped!) and the Chocolate Lava cake is called Timo. Both stalls are in the row nearest the carpark. Damn, I need to update this with pixes.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Regarding "Tian Tian chicken rice" - agreed. Besides, their shop name lies: they are not "tian tian" (every day), as they close on Tuesdays. Or is it Mondays?

Watever. Not worth eating, even without the queue.