Thursday 4 October 2007

My Bosses Are Too Cool

My bosses are going off to New Zealand to work. Sigh.

Graciously, they organised a barbeque to wish everyone well and let us know that they had 2 million things to pack. Ron and Tracey live in a semi-d in Bishan, a nice setup in a quiet neighbourhood. In the several years they have called Singapore home, they have accumulated a whole bunch of stuff - artwork, furniture, paraphernalia, knick knacks, bits and bobs, and of course, awards. It's a freaking museum. I told Tracey she should charge $2 per person per tour.

I came late (not been having dinner at home the whole week!) and started with the chips, carrot and celery sticks, and the whitey. Plastic cup in hand, I wandered about taking pictures. I love taking close ups of small things. And lots of things in a Where's Wally shot. And this house was a dream.

The people at the bbq were mostly the fun folks from work. We talked and took pixes and made Ron play his guitar. The man can play! He twanged like a cowboy who just crossed the Shenandoah River and was back home on the range.

The barbeque was through all the chips, nachos and potato, the last of the drumsticks and a lot of the marshmallows. We talked, I took more blur pixes, and even danced. After 8 cups of assorted whites, I would be. Someone has the incriminating pictures I am sure (there goes my attempt at politics).



Guess what? Even the boys in blue came around to partake in the fun. Well, not really. Apparently, the iPod was set too loud, and the uninvited neighbours were not taking too kindly to the smell of charred meat and the sounds of chatter and laughter. Ah, Singaporeans.

The party ended with the few of us making our way into taxis at 330am. Woohoo.

Tracey and Ron, thanks. For the job and the learning experience. You guys throw a great shindig. Good luck further down under. Yes, I will try to make a visit.

No comments: