Monday 5 November 2007

Stiff On Top. Ow.

I went swimming on Saturday and I tried to emulate my form from a year ago - 40 laps breaststroke, the only stroke I am generally ok at. I was proud of the fact I could do the 40.

I went home and promptly started sneezing. The sinus activity subsided about midnight.

Sunday morning started ok. I showered and then sneezed once. That started a funny pain on my left shoulder/back. The pain then spread across the upper back and neck by evening. I popped 2 Anarex tablets and applied Tiger Muscle Rub to little avail. I could not sleep well. I was trying to find a position that didn't result in pail. That proved impossible.

Getting up was worse. It is suprising how much strain the neck takes supporting one's head. I felt it was I struggled to sit up. I felt like I was paralysed between my chin and my shoulder blades. Every movement simply hurt. Ow.

So I went to see a doctor this morning. She skeptically gave me a day off to rest. Plus 20 tablets to help relax my tense muscles. They are supposed to make me woozy. Woohoo. Work tomorrow should be interesting on drugs.

3 comments:

stardust said...

40 laps!! no warm up??? you gotta run run the pool like how many times first can!

Anonymous said...

sounds like you got a big case of the stiffy!!!

haha...

about the drugs, i remember hearing "and the drugs don't work... "

verywanderful said...

ya so heow, long time not exercise, last week pig out at Bangkok now do 40 laps.

Slow and steady and consistent :P

Actually i ready somewhere, for complete workout, must do free-style, breaststroke and backstroke.
And think with your back problem, backstroke is a no no.