Sunday 27 May 2007

Current State Of Mind

Well, it's a little blank. I hope my future boss isn't reading this.

I suppose it's a 2-weeks-to-a-new-job feeling. I am still having work at work, handing over is taking longer than usual. There are 2 projects that are hanging in the proverbial balance, do or die, fly or fail, drunk milk or spilt milk. I am overstating the facts, of course, and for the benefit of the clients, all is well :) Haha.

I guess I am trying to hold off the inevitable mushiness. Yes I am going to miss the fruit that arrives twice a week. Yes I am going to miss the fact that there is dot Nap (Insiders will know. Send resumes to me to find out more.) Yes I will miss the fact the pantry is bigger than my room at home. Yes I will miss the silly conversations that happen in mid-travel between meeting room and work table. The view, my God, the view. See this ancient post as reference.

And yes I will miss the people. The people make any company, not any technology, not the politics, not the pantry. Well maybe the pantry. The people I work with are good at what they do, they help one another to give their clients the best, and they take the company forward. The people who don't make the company are best enjoyed with a pinch of salt, good dose of humour and sometimes at arm's length with a beer.

Sigh and smile.

No comments: