Monday 21 May 2007

Super Chicken

"Oh my God" It was a stifled reaction when i bit into the breast. Tender, juicy, golden brown and perfect. Last Saturday, I was invited to partake on God's gift to chicken-obsessed man - Arnold's. I had to travel far and wide (Woodlands to Paya Lebar) and traverse hurdles (namely large roads and MRT construction) to arrive at the mall of malls. City Plaza is a throw back to the 70s, an icon of economic progress just outside the hubbub of the city and Geylang. Although you may wonder if you need a passport to walk into the hallowed halls of City Plaza, you will understand the reason why you are there when you make your way to level 2, drawn by the magnificent aroma of freshly fried chicken.

Seriously, the chicken is amazing. And I was fortunate enough to be introduced to this delight by Zul, who invited me and fellow friends to enjoy this meal of meals. Kim, Furqan and Edwin were there when I arrived late, already having consumed half of the 15 pieces they had ordered. I had 3 pieces, with whipped potato and coleslaw and washed it down with lemon tea.

Folks, you have to try this chicken if you haven't already done so. Soon, Arnold's will be an institution. The queue outside is evidence, of greatness and immortality. Go, now.

No comments: