Monday 14 January 2008

It Takes A Week To Write

I met a friend twice in a space of 4 days, and meeting him is like is talking to a cool priest who was once a druggie in search of some ultimate outcome. Though younger, he has become, I must say, very much wiser. More solid in his thinking, clearer in thought, more open in acceptance and indeed resolute in his decision to change and make change, I a little overwhelmed yet happy and proud of him. I told I feel like a parent proud of his child. Haha, sounds odd now. But true. Our friendship has been tumultuous and the ship had run aground some time back, and now steers between acquaintance and friendship on the basis of cheeky conversation, truth telling, political and religious argument, and maybe beer.

Perhaps what I am trying to get at is that
- one, seeing a person mature this much in a relatively short span of time is phenomenal and I bet you don't have friends like who have done the same. Most people I know have hardly challenged the purpose of their existence head on and perhaps fewer still have dared change.
- two, I feel like I have stagnated in finding a purpose of my existence. Well.
- three, one hardly gets to meet and attempt to fathom people who get you thinking and acting. He told me I am realistic, I know what what needs to be done, I seek approval from willing partners but waste time and stumble in getting it pushed through. Wow. I smile at this truth bubbling under the veneer of confidence.
- four, I'm not letting this go and I hope he doesn't too. We will drink beer again.

Thanks man.

No comments: