Saturday 26 January 2008

No Birds Please, We Don't Like Them?

I was talking some colleagues by the corridors of the hallowed halls of where I work some time in the middle of the week when a topic of great contention was brought up - birds. Yes, those animals of the winged and flying variety. Someone in my office hates them. He is bugged by the 'ooh-ooh' birds performs on a daily basis in the huge tree next to our building. He is disgusted by pigeons and their apparent futile existence. He explained his emotions to great humour among the tea-time impromptu stand-up comedy session attendees. He is offended by the bird poop that ends up on his car. This I can understand, after all a man is only as worthy as his unpooped-on transportation. He explained that pigeons were vermin and stupid. I added to the collective fury when I said that pigeon poop burned a hole through my trousers when I was in junior college. Oh dear, what have I done. Good thing I didn't bring up being poked by ostriches in Sydney.

Such angst against a species. I think he eats chicken.

No comments: