Friday 7 December 2007

A380 Look See

Last week, I got an email apologising for not including my name in a list to visit the newest, biggest addition to the local airline's fleet, the airbus A380. I was surprised - me, moi, copywriter I? Gets asked to come along to sniff the Airbus air for writing many an EDM? No way! Well way. Woohoo.

So we made our agency asses down to Changi to see the giant aircraft. It is after all, 7 stories high and able to accommodate 555 passengers at its maximum. We did the necessary waiting - to meet our clients, to get security passes, to board the in-house bus, to go through pre-tarmac checks and to board the aerobridge from the side entrance then to enter the plane.

And what a plane. First we saw were the new Suites. They were, well, not my kind of thing. They seemed claustrophobic especially since the partitions make it hard to see around. So I guess I'm not built for superclass, atas beyond atas travel. I scooted past the Suites to the economy seats. They looked like any other economy seats except for the few extra centimeters of legroom and bigger TV screens. OKie dokie. Up the back spiral staircase to the top deck. More economy seats and then the piece de resistance, business class. Nice. The seats were wide enough for Ravi and I to sit in one plush leather seat. There was little corner for my feet and the TV looked huge. Simply put, this would be my pick for travel on this particular A380.

What sort of impressed me were the little accents of greenery and Xmas holly. They added bold yet homely dashes of colour to the interior. Well done.

See all my A380 pixes at my Flickr.

No comments: