Saturday 15 December 2007

I Come In Peace

The theme of the company Xmas party was Military. The organising committee did a heck of job dolling up the office in camou and posters that elicited patriotic sentiments and hopes of a bang-on party. The days before the event many colleagues and I in tow ended up at Beach Road Market. A strange hurried madness descended upon the third floor of the generally quiet level of little shops during lunchtime over 2 days. It was more of panic for the us who didn't know what to wear.

I wasn't going in uniform, that would be too easy. I was thinking of going as a Guantanamo Bay prisoner. But the orange overalls on sale were more for welders on an oil tanker docked in Sembawang. So I settled on DIY and bought a white t-shirt for $4. Before the end of Thursday, I printed the UN logo and bought a can of spray paint for $4.50. That night was spent stenciling with a penknife. I did the spray job in the loo. Not bad eh.

The rest of day's affair is captured in bytes at my Flickr.

No comments: