Sunday 23 December 2007

Walk Up Further North


I asked Ronnie if I should nap or walk. He replied walk then nap. I replied damn.

So I went out walking as I would normally try to do on the weekends (though not at 4pm but later) and this time I chose to go up to Admiralty Road West. This road skirts the north coast of Singapore up till the Causeway. It's a little known little road that offers great views of Johor Bahru. This afternoon I was fortunate to get there at low tide and there were several beachcombers making the most of water's retreat to gather mussels. Yeah, the kind you steam and eat with garlic and butter in Italian restaurants. I took quite a number of pictures with my N73 before the skies opened up and cried their hearts out.

I was soaked by the time I turned back towards the northernmost HDB block in Singapore at Marsiling. No point rushing since I was all wet. It was still another hour plus walk in the rain before I reached home. By then, it cleared and I looked stupid. Well, I did get my exercise.

All the pixes at my Flickr.

4 comments:

whimmykimmy said...

I miss unning and walking in Singapoe. The grass leaves and rain.

I also miss m fnctional keboad.

Will yo pt ouur photos somewhee aside fom Flickr so i can see.

Anonymous said...

Occasional walk-in-the-rain can be enjoyable!

Anonymous said...

great pic there Gurmit

weilim said...

i am more interested to know why you need to ask ronnie if you wanted a walk or nap??? are you two becoming a bit too "happy"???