Sunday 23 December 2007

Music and Movie

Saturday early evening was spent at Gramophone. I haven't bought a CD since June (i think) and it was high time to give back to society. I had asked Say Wee along because he was a fellow bored person this festive season. (Having recently sold his car, he was having withdrawal symptoms as well as public transport adjustment issues. Poor thing.)

We started out at the Used CDs section. OMG, there were gems to find, trash to some people going at half price or less. A $2 Million Dollar Hotel soundtrack with 3 U2 songs and one of the sexiest songs ever made, Move Closer by Phyllis Nelson for $3.

Somehow there are many vinyls on sale. And they are expensive. $40 plus for plastic and scratchy authentic sound. Sorry man, I love my CDs.

I had to get a few essentials - Jamie Cullum's Catching Tales, Amy Winehouse's Back to Black and local band Great Spy Experiment. I found an Oakenfold remixes compilation, 3 discs for $50. Sorry wallet, I have to do this.

In the end I spent too much, got a bunch of DBS canvas bags and wrapping paper for spending more than $20, shot 2 paper aeroplanes thru a board with large holes marking out Jetstarasia destinations for a lucky draw attempt and scribbled my particulars on 5 lucky draw contest entry coupons. I didn't win the plane tickets.

Dinner was at Kopitiam. Char kway teow and hot cheng teng.

Post dinner was a movie, National Treasure Book of Secrets. Met Nana, Mr Chew and Gerald for this one. The promise of a rollicking good time ala NT1 was met with too much hype. This installment is good, not great. Maybe it's Nicolas' hair. The evening ended with coffee and cheesy carbo-things at a not-24hrs-anymore 24hr cafe. There, Mr Chew and I ironed out the social responsibilities of uttering the word umbrella in the context of Rihanna's number one hit, and other issues of national importance.

And to bed with Bridget Jones. The book.

No comments: