Friday 21 December 2007

Week 50 Update

My last day of work for the year was 18 December.

Since then, not very much very interesting has happened - story of my life.

I went running on Monday 17 Dec and while going past this guy who was in my way, i felt a pull of muscle in my lower back. Ow. I completed that round and walked the rest. Yikes, the chronic back pain was back and what timeliness. One year ago, it reappeared as an unwelcome offshoot of my first reservist training. I have been nursing this ailment since Monday evening in one form or another (meaning oil rubs and painkillers).

On Wednesday, I went to visit Fon, Hseyin and Weehan to pass them presents at work. They all got bags. Then Weehan and I ended up at Kiyeki Bar at the Pan Pacific for Hseyin's colleague's going-back-to-the-US party. I had many a martini before meeting Allan at Balaclava for more mayhem.

At Balaclava, I was promptly handed a tall beer to consume and pairs of hands to shake. One hand belonged to Evelyn and another was Benjamin's. These are folks, a couple in fact, that Allan went to Melbourne with and learned to ski with and over. About midnight, Allan and I drove off to Zouk for Mambo.

The promise of Mambo took two steps to towards evaporating even before we got there. One was that Kelly pulled out of the queue. The second was the massive number of people waiting to get into Zouk/Velvet/Phuture. It was ridiculous. I bet the people at Wine Bar were laughing at us. One highlight was a drunk guy who collapsed by the gate fence and started rolling all about. I had to take a picture.

We gave up after a long while. We ended up at Thomson/Sin Ming eating bak chor mee at 230am. I met Samuel Poh there. Talk about out of the blue. He is one funny guy with a fetish for fast cars and wrestling and old rap.

Home and sleeping by 4am. Woke at 1130am. Slept at 530pm. Woke at 730pm. Boy, have I screwed up my body clock, and so soon.

Today, well, today. I saw a doctor at 10am to get more painkillers as a just-in-case for the weekend. Was in an ambulance hurtling down the CTE at 130pm because my dad was having trouble breathing. So my mother and I spent the afternoon at the SGH A&E while my dad was poked and prodded behind closed doors. At about 430pm, the doctor, an angmoh who speaks Singlish, said that he was fine, and didn't really need to be there. By 8pm we were home. Yes it takes that long at SGH A&E. Aiyaiyai.

So ends day 3 of year-end rest.

No comments: